COVID-19 Response Update
Updated June 26, 2020
The leadership of The Connection School has been working diligently to stay informed on the health risks and best practices in order to prepare for a safe return to school for the 2020-2021 school year beginning August 24, 2020. Official final guidance for education institutions for the coming school year still has not been released, although the Texas Education Agency (TEA) and local guidelines have released some recommendations and continue to update them.
Our current plan for a safe return to school is focused on four primary areas: screening, cleaning, distancing, and tracing. We are also preparing for improvements in our distance learning programIn the event that in-person classes cannot be conduced due to a mandated school closure or in the event that students would not be able to attend classes due to extended illness or quarantine. We plan to maintain our regular school year and school day schedule, but plan to incorporate additional make-up days in the case of an extended school closure. We will continue to follow the situation closely and post updates related to our COVID-19 response on this page and in communications to our families.
Please note the temporary changes below regarding our Admissions process which will remain in effect until further notice.
The School Office is open by appointment only at this time, but administration will be responding to emails (firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com) and phone calls (832-544-6031) remotely. We encourage you to contact us if you have any questions or concerns related to our COVID-19 response and preparations.
Temporary Changes to Our Admissions Process
March 30, 2020
The admissions and enrollment processes for 2020-2021 school year will proceed with the following specific adjustments:
- All previously scheduled in-person admissions events such as Open Houses and Preview Days are cancelled until further notice.
- In-person meetings will not be held during this time and communications will instead be restricted to phone calls, video conference, or email correspondence. This applies to interest meetings, family interviews, and informal assessment reviews.
- In-person campus tours will not be available during the temporary school closure.
- The new student application and enrollment process is still open but only available online.
- Application documents and records may only be submitted to the school digitally via online application and enrollment forms, email (firstname.lastname@example.org), or fax (1-855-286-3088).
- Informal assessments may be provided by the school to be completed under the supervision of the parent at home and returned for review. A teacher-student conference may be required as part of the remote modifications to the informal assessment.
- Parent interviews will be conducted through video conferences using Google Meet (which will not require additional software or account logins)
- New student acceptance may be granted on a provisional basis pending further actions to confirm acceptance due to the lack of information gained during the modified remote admissions process.
Here’s what you can expect if you are interested in applying to or already have applied to The Connection School for the 2020-2021 school year:
- Contact the school for more information at 832-544-6031 or email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org. Someone will reach out to you soon after and answer any questions you may have. You may also visit the Admissions section of our website for more information about our admissions process, FAQs, tuition and fees, and other information.
- You may apply online via our school website by clicking on the blue “Apply Now” button here
- Once you submit your online application, someone will contact you about the following:
- Submitting any records or documentation that may not have been included with the application such as recommendation forms, birth certificates, previous school records etc.
- Discuss the procedure for conducting the informal assessment
- Scheduling a phone or video call for the parent interview
- Upon completion of the application, parent interview, and informal assessment, someone will contact you to notify you of our acceptance decision
- If accepted, you will be invited to complete an online enrollment form where you will be asked to provide more information, health documents, and set up a payment plan for tuition
- You will then be included on all correspondence related to preparing for the new school year.
Resources for Families
COVID-19 Health Information & Data
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
World Health Organization
Texas Health and Human Services
Harris County Public Health Department
Texas COVID-19 Information
Texas Public Health Announcement
Johns Hopkins CCSE COVID-19 Global Cases Map
IHME COVID-19 Projections
Spiritual Guidance & Mental Health
RightNow Media (Christian Video Streaming Service)
World News (National & World News from a Christian Worldview)
Axis Blog (Christian Parenting and Family Discipleship)
Sharing Hope (Christian Video Resources from Medi-Share)