Our vision is to be a Christian educational community committed to partnering with parents in discipling their children to “Love God with all of their hearts, souls, and minds and to love others as themselves.” (Mt. 22:37-40). This educational community is a support to parents in their responsibility of Christian discipleship and mentoring thus providing consistency of Christian teaching and education.
The goal of education itself is the pursuit of wisdom and virtue that can be found in God alone. God’s truth is revealed not only in Scripture but also in creation (Rom. 1:19-20, Acts 17). Therefore, Christian education should provide an educational environment that is informed by both special (Scripture) and general (creation) revelation. God’s creation includes both His gift to humanity of reason and speech as well as the physical world.
The school considers a student’s success to be the application of the school’s mission to disciple children to love God with all of their hearts, souls, and minds, and to love others as themselves. This pertains to the students’ academic work as well as their character development.
- For a student to love God with all of their heart is to develop a desire to follow God’s truth and not to be double-minded in loving the ways of the world.
- To love God with all of their mind is to develop a Christian worldview that takes every thought captive as they study creation.
- To love God with all of their soul is to desire to surrender their will to God and be transformed through Christ to be a new creation that will live with God eternally.
As a result of loving God, students will be able to sacrificially love others as themselves through the power of the Holy Spirit in the imitation of Christ.
The Connection School views education as the process of discovering that all truth is God’s truth and that Christ is the unifying principle, who is evident in all things, according to Colossians 1:16-17, “For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things have been created through Him and for Him. He is before all things, and Him all things hold together.”
The Connection School’s mission is incorporated in every class and subject in accordance with our pursuit of Christian Classical education. Faculty training incorporates this pursuit as does curriculum development, teaching strategies, and assessments. We consider the centrality of Jesus Christ, the Seven Liberal Arts pedagogy, and a faculty devoted to mentorship style of teaching to be the basis for providing each student with a solid foundation in Christian discipleship and academics.
Scripture is our foundation and link between our study and subjects and their proper meaning. Therefore, the Connection School seeks to:
- Encourage students and families to develop a relationship with God the Father through Jesus Christ (Mt. 28:18-20, Mt. 19:13-15)
- Encourage students to live a life of dependency upon God the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit
- Pursue wisdom and Christian virtue (Proverbs 1:7 – Fear of Lord is beginning of wisdom.)
- Teach all things within the context of a Christian world view – creation, fall, and redemption
- Teach all subjects as parts of an integrated whole with the Scriptures at the center (2 Tim. 2:16-17)
- Help students understand, develop and exercise Christian virtue as integral to their academic pursuits
- Provide a clear model of the biblical Christian living through our board, faculty and staff (Mt. 22:37-40)
- Model consistent study and the virtues as exemplars in the fields in which they teach